Monday, February 27, 2012

One More Day... February 2nd 2012

February 2nd 2012


So the morning started out like every other.  We woke up around 7:00am, ate breakfast and then it was back to the room for some heavy duty packing & re-arranging of luggage, as we were leaving for Guangzhou tomorrow afternoon.  We got Jadyns passport, cute cute.  She looks so much like Gracyn in her photo:).


Jadyn on Left Gracyn on Right......Oh my Those LIPS!


After packing our luggage, re-arranging , and weighing it, it was lunch then nap time for the girls.  Jadyn cried for Mommy at least four times already and holding her has become an all day affair.  Jadyn and Long Hi who were both from New Hope seemed to be displaying the same pattern of behaviors.  They both scream when they were first placed in their cribs at the Hotel.  Jadyn screamed like she was being harmed.  And both of them cry a lot of the day to be held and picked up.  Jadyn becomes very irritated and cries if others try to hold her.  Luckily Long Hi's Dad David speaks Mandarin.  It had to help out a lot when it came to communication between them.  I so wish I knew Mandarin more, to just help out with being able to meet Jadyns basic needs.  I thought about Jadyns choice in her quick bond with me, but what if I were not the one that Jadyn had clung to? What if it were David?  I know deep down it would really hurt me had she chose David, but right now I would do anything to have Jadyn want David to hold her.  Just to give me a break from a very heavy 32 pounds.  Because let's face it... I was out of shape and my arms and neck were killing me.     
 
We decided not to go on the tour for the day to one of the temples.  We knew I would not last holding Jadyn the entire time, so David took the girls to the 5th floor play room so they could bond.  They had a great time with Daddy.  Gosh if he were my Dad I'd choose him over me, so why didn't they????  Oh well for now I had to endure.... I keep praying ~ God, please help Jadyn understand that we love her, we would do nothing to harm her, and we are not going anywhere.  So far all the days have been pretty much the same.  We had our final meal in Zhengzhou at Mama Mia's with spaghetti and pizza.  


 
At bedtime Jadyn screamed for an hour saying what sounded like "Go vay... Or Go Way."  We didn't know what that meant, and we even called one of our guides who was not in her room at the time.  When we gave Gracyn her medication with a sip of water Jadyn pointed at cup looked at us as if to say dahhhh....and said "Go Vay...."   What a relief to get her to stop crying as we had just figured out why she had been crying.  It was not until later on from David who spoke Mandarin that it actually meant "give it to me...."  So what she said was, "hey that drink your giving Gracyn give it to me." Gosh how awful did we feel that we couldn't even meet a basic need like getting her a drink. No wonder why she didn't trust us.  We couldn't even communicate properly.  I wondered at the revelation just how families made it through this transition.  All I know is, each of us are so ready to go home.  


 
For now we look forward to moving a step closer to home and heading for Guangzhou tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment