Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's Official..... January 31st 2012


January 31st 2012



Rise and shine early in the am and the girls got up at 6:30.  We all ate breakfast, but even the smell of fried noodles were making me feel nauseous.  We were on the bus again at 9:30 to the Civil Affairs Office.  We had 24 hours to make up our minds about Jadyn.  Just in case we decided we couldn’t handle her, or if we decided her special need was more than was documented.  Give her back....Are you kidding???? After our signature and a family pictures it was final.  After that point deciding not to follow through with the remainder of the adoption would therefore be considered abandonment and punishable by law in China.  Of course there was no turning back or deciding not to bring Jadyn home, because she was our little girl, and would FOREVER remain part of our family.


Jadyn wouldn’t let me put her down the entire morning.  She cried most of the night the night before, saying “Mama bow bow,” each time I attempted to put her down, which means – Momma hold me or pick me up.  Oh gosh, she would scream if I tried to rest my arms, and David she would have Nothing to do with.  She wouldn’t even gaze his direction.  Gosh I can’t blame her because his voice alone would scare me if I were a little one. 


From the Civil Affairs Office it was off to the Office of the Notary in Zhengzhou.  There was no elevator in the building so all of us had to climb six flights of stairs to have our documents notarized which was the first step of many in the finalization of Jadyns adoption.  Below is the picture of the Notary official.







After the two girls rested, we thought it would be a good idea to let David spend some time with them both, so I went to the Lotus Center with some of the other new Mommy’s to pick up a few things.  It was interesting.  A three level shopping experience, the first floor had multiple individual stores, the second was food and such items, and the third floor was toiletries, clothes, shoes, etc.  I picked up some Chinese twinkies and a few other snacks for the rest of the week.  I had a great time shopping with Karen, who was now by herself since her husband had left for Shanghai after the adoption of their sweet little girl Danielle was finalized by the notary.  She was from Michigan and I enjoyed her company.  I felt like we had known one another all along.  After we were finished shopping our CCAI guides Yisha and Vivian helped us order KFC in China….Wow, that was an experience. 


Karen & sweet baby Danielle...Dan Dan


When I got Back....Happiness
When I got back to the room, I was welcomed back with open arms by both Jadyn, and Gracyn.  By Daddy too, who I could see was a bit stressed.  When I asked him if he was ok, he told me Jadyn cried for nearly an hour for me L.  It was only after Gracyn touched her arm and said, “It’s gonna be ok,”  did she finally stop.  Just like that she stopped crying – Gracyn was the soothing salve to her wounded heart.  Thank God for her!  After Jadyn stopped crying all three of them enjoyed some time at the nearby park. 




We all ate KFC for dinner, but it wasn’t like home.  Gosh I didn’t even eat KFC at home, now I was eating it in China. 

No comments:

Post a Comment